Keep Your Horse Healthy with Soil2O Dust Control
The dangers of dust:
Instructors, trainers, riders, and horses are subjected dusty environments that can contribute to a wide array of both pulmonary and respiratory conditions. Such conditions include but are not limited to: organic dust toxic syndrome, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive lung disease, hypersensitivity pneumonitis (Farmer’s Lung), asthma, grain fever, and pulmonary fibrosis. Not only have these findings been confirmed by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), but a more detailed study by Colorado State University and Penn State University has concluded that the chances of being diagnosed with said conditions can nearly double if areas are in confined or enclosed arenas.
What can be done?
Current dust control solutions include the use of industrial salts which are highly corrosive, oils that tend to be toxic, or through the near continuous use of plain water, which cannot be used during freezing conditions or during times of drought or water restrictions.
So what is the best option?
Soil2O Dust Control. A water enhancing product that is freeze-resistant, easy to apply, eco-friendly, non-toxic, and best of all: cost effective.
What are the benefits of Soil2O Dust Control?
- Greatly reduces the application of water
- Supports all PM10 EPA requirements
- 3rd party testing confirms Soil2O Dust Control allows for peak Bulk Density and Triaxle Shear Strength, a rarity for any dust control solution
- Easy to apply and effective on arenas, driveways, pathways, parking lots and trails
- Surface temperatures will be reduced by approximately 10%
- Eco-friendly, non-corrosive and non-toxic
Will Soil2O Dust Control adversely affect the horses?
No. While chloride dust treatments are prone to crack the hoof due to drying out, Soil2O Dust Control is salt-free and will NOT harm nor clog the horse’s frog!