Agricultural Moisture Retention
How Soil2O™ Works
The best and simplest way to think of Soil2O™ is to imagine a million micro-sponges, placed just below the soil surface, to catch moisture as it becomes available, whether from dew, irrigation, or rain.
Soil2O™ then absorbs the moisture to the point of saturation. That moisture will then be released when pressured to do so, just like a sponge, on-demand from the plant.
The "sponges" will retard the usual rates of evaporation and percolation, allowing for a more efficient moisture utilization. This method of making more moisture available creates more vigorous plant growth and turgor.
This occurs with a state-of-the-art material that is non-toxic to mammals and fish and is non-corrosive as well!
Soil2O™ Increases Crop Yields While Conserving Precious Water
Soil2O™ products are specially designed for use as soil conditioners for water and nutrient retention in agriculture and crop yields. Soil2O™ is a soil amendment that expands in the presence of water to increase the water holding capacity of soils and potting mixes, thereby reducing the frequency of irrigation, as well as the leaching of valuable nutrients.Shop our products
Check Out Our Case Studies »
Download Our "Agricultural Moisture Retention" Brochure »
Easy. Economical. Effective.
Soil2O is not a plant food.
It is a super absorbent soil conditioner.
As water availability becomes scarce, conservation of the earth’s precious water supply is extremely critical. Until now industries that depend on water to thrive have relied on precipitation and irrigation. But what if you could enhance and supercharge water to last up to twice as long?
Plant roots are greedy creatures, always demanding water and nutrients. Unfortunately, water and nutrients are not always available when plants’ roots want them. Soil2O has the power to absorb water and nutrients within the soil, which is then slowly released where the plant needs it most, at the roots. As moisture seeps out of reach and the soil dries out, Soil2O continues to supply plants so they live long and thrive.
The Power of Soil2O
- Reduces irrigation requirement by up to 50%, saving both water and money
- Reduces evapotranspiration, holding water and nutrients at the roots to produce strong, healthy plants and lawns
- Compatible with fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and nematicides
- Helps aerate compacted soils
- Allows sandy soils to retain water and nutrients
- Reduces leaching, increases nutrient uptake and reduces evapotranspiration
- Soil2O Topical can be used to treat existing turf grass and landscaping
- Soil2O Granular can be used to treat new sod installations and plantings
- Provides moisture during transplanting and transporting to reduce "plant shock"
- Is compatible with all types of soil, grasses, and equipment
- Is safe for kids, pets and the environment
Where Can Soil2O Be Used?
Conserves water and keeps landscapes, flowers and vegetation healthy by incorporating Soil2O into a planting and maintenance program.
- Agriculture & Horticulture:
Increases crop yields and encourages efficient growth while reducing water usage in agricultural fields, tree farms and nurseries.
- Plant Cultivation & Transportation:
When transporting or transplanting trees, shrubs, ornamentals, incorporate Soil2O to decrease plant stress and reduce plant shock.
The U.S. Drought Monitor is a partnership between the National Drought Mitigation Center, United States Department of Agriculture, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Map courtesy of NDMC-UNL.