FireIce / GelTech Solutions
Wildland Operations Specialist
Seasonal Position June – September
Do you want to make a difference in the wildland fire community, and be a part of a team that provides wildland fire chemicals to agencies across North America? The GelTech Solutions - FireIce team is looking for a seasonal firefighter to assist with Single Engine Airtankers (SEATs), fixed airtanker bases, and ground engine operations for customer agencies this summer. GelTech seeks a personable, professional, and motivated individual that is a self-starter, requires minimal supervision, and presents themselves well in front of customers.
Expected Start Date is June 1, although an earlier date may be negotiated based on availability.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of wildland fire experience
- Strong knowledge of plumbing and operating fire pumps / engines / water tenders
- Experience loading Single Engine / Multi Engine airtankers – experience as a driver / loader is preferred
- Must be physically fit
- Strong team working, collaboration, and partnership attitude
- Must have reasonable computer skills
- Must have a clean driving record; CDL is preferred
- Current Red Card is preferred
- Position requirements include the availability to travel to extended fire assignments from June through the end of fire season
- Must be very flexible with time – typical work schedule will be 12 days on, 4 days off
- Responsible for setting up and monitoring tanker bases, performing demonstrations of the product, and providing additional support for company operations as needed
- Significant amounts of driving, typically will travel across the western US and Canada
Preferred Home Location: Denver / Boulder, Colorado
Other locations: Colorado / Montana / Wyoming / Idaho / Utah / Oregon / Washington
- Wage: $200-250 per 10-hour day, depending on experience. Overtime eligible.
- GSA standard per diem: $140 – meals & lodging
- Vehicle: Company truck / fuel will be provided for company business only.
Car allowance eligible if a personal truck in good condition is available
- Initial training will be provided by the company
Please submit a complete resume to email@example.com with all experience to be considered for this position.